cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From John Huss <johnth...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Auto-generated columns on Oracle
Date Tue, 28 May 2019 15:47:41 GMT
Postgresql also recently improved their support in this area (in version
10). It's more like syntactic sugar on top of things you could already do,
but I'd be interested to know if it can be used by Cayenne in the same way
as the MySQL auto-increment columns.

The DDL syntax is supposedly an SQL standard:

CREATE TABLE test_new (
    id int GENERATED BY DEFAULT AS IDENTITY PRIMARY KEY,
    payload text
);