cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 4.1.B1 release
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2019 06:13:52 GMT
I can't find the cause yet, but it does appear to be specific to the
Java installed on my machine. Nothing happens and the app just doesn't
launch at all. There are some entries in the system logs, but nothing
helpful.

I don't think this should hold up the beta, so I'm +1 on this release.
I'll see if I can figure out what the cause is for the next beta. To
avoid the nightmare that is Java on the desktop in this age of
fragmented Java packages caused by Oracle trying to extract every drop
of blood, combined with Apple's ever more draconian code signing and
notarisation... maybe we should think about bundling Java inside the
Modeler app.

/rant

+1 on this release

Ari