cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Bundling Java
Date Mon, 18 Mar 2019 06:16:24 GMT
> maybe we should think about bundling Java inside the Modeler app.

Great idea. With JLink this should be trivial.

Andrus

> On Mar 18, 2019, at 9:13 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>
> I can't find the cause yet, but it does appear to be specific to the Java installed on
my machine. Nothing happens and the app just doesn't launch at all. There are some entries
in the system logs, but nothing helpful.

> I don't think this should hold up the beta, so I'm +1 on this release. I'll see if I
can figure out what the cause is for the next beta. To avoid the nightmare that is Java on
the desktop in this age of fragmented Java packages caused by Oracle trying to extract every
drop of blood, combined with Apple's ever more draconian code signing and notarisation...
maybe we should think about bundling Java inside the Modeler app.

> /rant
>

> +1 on this release
>

> Ari
>

> On 15/3/19 6:57pm, Nikita Timofeev wrote:
>>> I cannot launch modeler on my machine with openJDK 11 from the
>>> adoptopenjdk project. Can others reproduce this issue?
>> Tested it on two Macs, seems fine. Found some strange crashes if
>> launching binary
>> file directly on older MacOS version (10.13.6), but in normal case it
>> just works.
>> Maybe you can provide some details? Is Modeler crashes or just nothing happens?
>> Could you try to launch generic version of the Modeler and some older
>> Mac versions?
>>
>> On Fri, Mar 15, 2019 at 7:58 AM Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>>> The maven repo isn't available to me. That URL throws a 404. Is that
>>> just because the folder has no index?
>>>
>>> At any rate, I verified the source and OSX bundles. All looks good
>>> except I cannot launch modeler on my machine with openJDK 11 from the
>>> adoptopenjdk project. Can others reproduce this issue? I spent a while
>>> trying to figure out why it isn't running, but no luck yet.
>>>

>>> Ari

I'd be

of fixes and some