cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 4.1.B1 release
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2019 18:36:41 GMT
My evaluation was successful, except for a few minor things:

1. Modeler "About" dialog still has 2018 as copyright year (certainly not a blocker for the
release).
2. Scalar SQLSelect used to be able to fetch values with abstract Number class as a root.
Now it fails with the exception below [1].

-        Number result = SQLSelect.scalarQuery(Number.class, "SELECT COUNT(1) FROM T1").selectOne(newContext());
+        Number result = SQLSelect.scalarQuery(Integer.class, "SELECT COUNT(1) FROM T1").selectOne(newContext());

I have an easy fix in the consuming code and I don't particularly care about this case (abstract
value objects), but I wonder if this change of behavior is an indicator of a deeper problem
somewhere?

Thanks,
Andrus

[1] java.sql.SQLDataException: An attempt was made to get a data value of type 'byte[]' from
a data value of type 'INTEGER'.
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.SQLExceptionFactory40.getSQLException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.Util.generateCsSQLException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.TransactionResourceImpl.wrapInSQLException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedResultSet.noStateChangeException(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.derby.impl.jdbc.EmbedResultSet.getBytes(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.types.ByteArrayType.materializeObject(ByteArrayType.java:108)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.types.ByteArrayType.materializeObject(ByteArrayType.java:40)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.types.ExtendedTypeDecorator.materializeObject(ExtendedTypeDecorator.java:53)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.jdbc.reader.ScalarRowReader.readRow(ScalarRowReader.java:50)
	at org.apache.cayenne.access.jdbc.JDBCResultIterator.nextRow(JDBCResultIterator.java:104)
	at org.apache.cayenne.BaseContext.selectOne(BaseContext.java:315)
	at org.apache.cayenne.query.SQLSelect.selectOne(SQLSelect.java:217)