cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: record modified event on related records
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2019 23:04:10 GMT

On 1/3/19 10:00am, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>> 1. Is this reasonable behaviour?
> This is a graph event for sure. So it makes sense on the object side of the ORM (and
it doesn't on DB side).

There is something different between an object being modified and that
object being joined to something else without itself being modified. It
would be handy if something about the events being fired would allow us
to distinguish the two.

>> 2. What do we think about a switch to turn this off or some additional properties
when adding listeners to modify this behaviour?
> I haven't given it much thought, but I wonder if the answer is to separate "object" and
"db" events from each other.

> Andrus
>
>> On Feb 28, 2019, at 5:55 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>>
>> When you create a new Painting record and link it to an existing Artist record, that
Artist receives update lifecycle events, even though no actual fields are changed in the database
on that record.