cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: record modified event on related records
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2019 23:00:57 GMT
> 1. Is this reasonable behaviour?

This is a graph event for sure. So it makes sense on the object side of the ORM (and it doesn't
on DB side).

> 2. What do we think about a switch to turn this off or some additional properties when
adding listeners to modify this behaviour?

I haven't given it much thought, but I wonder if the answer is to separate "object" and "db"
events from each other.

Andrus

> On Feb 28, 2019, at 5:55 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>
> When you create a new Painting record and link it to an existing Artist record, that
Artist receives update lifecycle events, even though no actual fields are changed in the database
on that record.