cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Nikita Timofeev <ntimof...@objectstyle.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 4.1.M2 release
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2018 08:05:35 GMT
Thanks Andrus for catch, tried to shortcut via Mac, no luck :)

Rebuild windows assemblies and committed (with new signatures) to
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/4.1.M2/
Everything should be correct now.

On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 9:18 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:

>> On Jul 12, 2018, at 11:09 AM, Nikita Timofeev <ntimofeev@objectstyle.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> This milestone release of Cayenne 4.1 includes around 60 fixes and new
>> features [1].
>>
>> Maven repo: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecayenne-1024/
>> Assemblies: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/4.1.M2/
>>
>> Please evaluate it and cast your votes.
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/apache/cayenne/blob/4.1.M2/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>>
>> --
>> Best regards,
>> Nikita Timofeev
>
> I am in the process of evaluating this release. Noticed that Windows assembly has a few
issues:

> - .zip contains MacOS resource fork folder __MACOSX that may confuse some people.
> - On unzip I am getting "loss of encryption" warning similar to the one described here.
[1]
> - Month name encoding in the "About" dialog is messed up [2].
>
> I suspect all these issues will go away if the Win build is assembled on Windows instead
of Mac. Also since this only affects the binary, we don't need a new tag, just a new Win assembly.
Other assemblies don't have to be replaced.

--
Best regards,
Nikita Timofeev