cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 4.1.M2 release
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2018 11:56:59 GMT
My checklist passes (including LinkRest/LinkMove upgrades). I am +1.

1. MD5/SHA512 matches (using cayenne-release-tools script)
2. Signature checks (using cayenne-release-tools script)
3. rat passes
4. LICENSE and NOTICE files present in the root of the distro
5. builds from source
6. Modeler runs on OS X
7. Cross-platform Modeler runs on OS X
8. Modeler runs on Windows
9. Upgrade LinkRest/LinkMove using the Maven repo.

Andrus

> On Jul 17, 2018, at 11:05 AM, Nikita Timofeev <ntimofeev@objectstyle.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Andrus for catch, tried to shortcut via Mac, no luck :)
>
> Rebuild windows assemblies and committed (with new signatures) to
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/4.1.M2/
> Everything should be correct now.
>

> On Mon, Jul 16, 2018 at 9:18 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>>

>>> On Jul 12, 2018, at 11:09 AM, Nikita Timofeev <ntimofeev@objectstyle.com>
wrote:

>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> This milestone release of Cayenne 4.1 includes around 60 fixes and new
>>> features [1].
>>>
>>> Maven repo: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecayenne-1024/
>>> Assemblies: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/4.1.M2/
>>>
>>> Please evaluate it and cast your votes.
>>>
>>> [1] https://github.com/apache/cayenne/blob/4.1.M2/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best regards,
>>> Nikita Timofeev
>>
>> I am in the process of evaluating this release. Noticed that Windows assembly has
a few issues:

>> - .zip contains MacOS resource fork folder __MACOSX that may confuse some people.
>> - On unzip I am getting "loss of encryption" warning similar to the one described
here. [1]
>> - Month name encoding in the "About" dialog is messed up [2].
>>
>> I suspect all these issues will go away if the Win build is assembled on Windows
instead of Mac. Also since this only affects the binary, we don't need a new tag, just a new
Win assembly. Other assemblies don't have to be replaced.