cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 4.1.M2 release
Date Mon, 16 Jul 2018 18:18:04 GMT

> On Jul 12, 2018, at 11:09 AM, Nikita Timofeev <ntimofeev@objectstyle.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> This milestone release of Cayenne 4.1 includes around 60 fixes and new
> features [1].
>
> Maven repo: https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecayenne-1024/
> Assemblies: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cayenne/4.1.M2/
>
> Please evaluate it and cast your votes.
>
> [1] https://github.com/apache/cayenne/blob/4.1.M2/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Nikita Timofeev

I am in the process of evaluating this release. Noticed that Windows assembly has a few issues:

- .zip contains MacOS resource fork folder __MACOSX that may confuse some people.
- On unzip I am getting "loss of encryption" warning similar to the one described here. [1]
- Month name encoding in the "About" dialog is messed up [2].

I suspect all these issues will go away if the Win build is assembled on Windows instead of
Mac. Also since this only affects the binary, we don't need a new tag, just a new Win assembly.
Other assemblies don't have to be replaced.

Thanks,
Andrus

[1] https://superuser.com/questions/313663/what-is-encryption-loss-when-unzipping
[2] https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_44tCyYv3RM3dhTH3a8BipIXHIrG_Isi/view?usp=sharing