cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <blackn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cayenne release policy thoughts
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2018 11:46:51 GMT
Hi Nikita,

I've thought similar for a while, but never brought it up.

At a minimum, a shorter release cycle would allow more release
announcements and give the appearance of a very active project.  Cayenne is
stable and mature, so it isn't in a state of rapid development turmoil with
frequent releases, so despite activity, it might appear stagnant to many.
Also, I think much more focused releases (a single feature or feature set,
plus bug fixes) would be better conceptually for many to grapple when
wanting to upgrade.

Maybe we need a better roadmap?

Thanks,

mrg