cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Nikita Timofeev <ntimof...@objectstyle.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Cayenne 4.0.RC1 release
Date Thu, 19 Apr 2018 07:36:43 GMT
On Thu, Apr 19, 2018 at 7:03 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
> Excellent! Although did I miss a discussion that this was happening right
> now?

This release is on me, don't have much discussion off-list about it either :)
As the release preparation doesn't take much time for me and not much
happened around 4.0 branch,
I've decided that it is easier to push it a little.

> I think quite a lot of discussion and decision making must be happening
> off-list, because I also note that all the docbook was converted to asciidoc
> also without any mention on this list. That's a curious choice rather than
> using markdown as per the website. Personally I like docbook, but I do
> understand why people might find it cumbersome.

I believe I did mention switch from docbook to asciidoc in the thread
about new website,
 as this was a big change.
Anyway I think you are right and it is better to discuss such changes
separately.

> RELEASE-NOTES.txt need updating.

Yeah, my bad, we discussed this recently but not pushed this step into
release guide,
release-notes were always updated only after actual release is done.

--
Best regards,
Nikita Timofeev