cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Minimum version of SQL Server
Date Tue, 06 Mar 2018 16:53:16 GMT
I wish we could decouple a choice of PK generation strategy from the adapter. (I even think
we have a task for this somewhere). Otherwise whatever we do with this PR is going to be an
issue for someone... E.g. if we keep the old one as the default (which sounds sensible), then
SQLServer2012Adapter will not be auto-detected and will have to be installed explicitly.

I am leaning to the above solution, with an eye on future refactoring the adapter for easy
PkGenerator pluggability.

Andrus