cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Hugi Thordarson <h...@karlmenn.is>
Subject Re: CreateIfNoSchemaStrategy with multiple DataMaps/DataNodes
Date Mon, 11 Dec 2017 10:30:17 GMT
Thanks Andrus, yes, this was not the behaviour I expected. I wrote a fix for my own project
and will soon take a better look at improvements to submit, once this crazy christmas season
slows down.

Cheers,
- hugi

> On 6 Dec 2017, at 16:27, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>
> From this description looks like a bug.
>
> Andrus
>

>> On Dec 6, 2017, at 10:48 AM, Hugi Thordarson <hugi@karlmenn.is> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> a little dilemma. On application startup, I need to generate a DB schema for only
one DataMap/DataNode in a multi DataMap/DataNode environment.

>> CreateIfNoSchemaStrategy isn't quite cutting it since it will check for existence
of *all* DbEntity names in the DataDomain, including DbEntity names from other DataNodes—which
it finds exists and and thus won't generate any schema at all.

>> Would you consider this a bug or expected behaviour? I'd think CreateIfNoSchemaStrategy
should only check for names of DbEntities in DataMaps related to the DataNode.