cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Nikita Timofeev <ntimof...@objectstyle.com>
Subject Re: New Cayenne website design
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2017 09:04:37 GMT
Hi all,

Here is a GItHub repo [1] with new site demo, it already has pretty
much final design. Everyone can clone and test it locally, see README
for technical description.
What's inside: docs converted to asciidoc (not yet pushed to Cayenne
master), site build with Maven + Gulp + Hugo (but only Maven should be
installed, other parts are automated).

Everyone are welcome to try it and discuss.
Once we are happy with main features we can finalize content and push
this into apache repo.

[1] https://github.com/stariy95/cayenne-website-demo

On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 3:16 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
> Here ys a more realistic 3D logo (at the same location) :
>
> https://projects.invisionapp.com/share/QPDY76KB9
>
> Andrus
>
>> On Oct 20, 2017, at 5:08 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 17/10/17 4:17AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>>> Here is another version of the logo: https://invis.io/QPDY76KB9
>>>
>>> As you see there are two flavors - a small monochrome (white) logo and a bigger
3D logo. I certainly like both better than the initial version. I wonder how well the 3D logo
will look like as a Modeler desktop icon. Zhenya, the designer, is on vacation now, so we
won't know for a few weeks.

>> These are a great step forward. I think the visual illusion of the frame turning
into a finished skin would be enhanced by the skin being smaller so it doesn't feel like a
glove. Here's a quick hacky demonstration that needs more tidy up.

>>    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bw5wY__nj_W9NTVkQm9rTk5Fbms?usp=sharing
>>
>> It might be interesting to see the top end of the fruit being even more realistic
with a slight shine, then it progresses from wireframe to flat colour to realistic. Again,
I only spent 10 minutes on this, so I know it needs to be done much better, but look at logo-realistic.png
in that same share.

>> Ari
>>

>> --