cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Hugi Thordarson <h...@karlmenn.is>
Subject CreateIfNoSchemaStrategy with multiple DataMaps/DataNodes
Date Wed, 06 Dec 2017 15:48:24 GMT
Hi all,

a little dilemma. On application startup, I need to generate a DB schema for only one DataMap/DataNode
in a multi DataMap/DataNode environment.

CreateIfNoSchemaStrategy isn't quite cutting it since it will check for existence of *all*
DbEntity names in the DataDomain, including DbEntity names from other DataNodes—which it
finds exists and and thus won't generate any schema at all.

Would you consider this a bug or expected behaviour? I'd think CreateIfNoSchemaStrategy should
only check for names of DbEntities in DataMaps related to the DataNode.

Cheers,
- hugi