cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: New Cayenne website design
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2017 16:20:08 GMT
Works great on my machine. I am planning to write the text for each one of the features on
the home page.

Also anyone remembers, did we come up with a better slogan to replace "ORM with character"?

Andrus

> On Dec 21, 2017, at 10:04 AM, Nikita Timofeev <ntimofeev@objectstyle.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Here is a GItHub repo [1] with new site demo, it already has pretty
> much final design. Everyone can clone and test it locally, see README
> for technical description.
> What's inside: docs converted to asciidoc (not yet pushed to Cayenne
> master), site build with Maven + Gulp + Hugo (but only Maven should be
> installed, other parts are automated).
>
> Everyone are welcome to try it and discuss.
> Once we are happy with main features we can finalize content and push
> this into apache repo.
>
> [1] https://github.com/stariy95/cayenne-website-demo
>
> On Mon, Nov 13, 2017 at 3:16 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>> Here ys a more realistic 3D logo (at the same location) :
>>
>> https://projects.invisionapp.com/share/QPDY76KB9
>>
>> Andrus

bigger 3D logo. I certainly like both better than the initial version. I wonder how well the
3D logo will look like as a Modeler desktop icon. Zhenya, the designer, is on vacation now,
so we won't know for a few weeks.

>>> These are a great step forward. I think the visual illusion of the frame turning
into a finished skin would be enhanced by the skin being smaller so it doesn't feel like a
glove. Here's a quick hacky demonstration that needs more tidy up.

>>>   https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bw5wY__nj_W9NTVkQm9rTk5Fbms?usp=sharing
>>>
>>> It might be interesting to see the top end of the fruit being even more realistic
with a slight shine, then it progresses from wireframe to flat colour to realistic. Again,
I only spent 10 minutes on this, so I know it needs to be done much better, but look at logo-realistic.png
in that same share.