cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From John Huss <johnth...@gmail.com>
Subject Cayenne 4.1.M1 problem
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2017 17:10:09 GMT
I've found another issue with 4.1.M1 through my unit tests.  If you have:

1) modeled a primary key as an ObjAttribute, like customerPK
2) modeled it as an object type, like java.lang.Long
3) are using the Cayenne-Generated (Default) PK generation strategy

Then Cayenne won't generate any PKs for the entity and will just use zero
over and over.  This can be worked around by switching the attribute's type
to a primitive (like long).

The reason for this is that the entity template will generate the field as
a primitive long even though it was modeled because as java.lang.Long
because it knows that this attribute is mandatory.

I'm ok with the template as is, but ideally the runtime would do the right
thing in this case and still generate PKs instead of using zero.