cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: huge to-many relationships
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2017 01:47:34 GMT
On 9/10/17 9:54PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> 2. We can treat these huge ObjRelationships as a special type of relationships (marked
as such in the Modeler), and apply special strategies to them. E.g. pagination on faulting,
List.isEmpty() and List.size() resolved without faulting (thus allowing to deal with Deny
rule).

Pagination would be such a great addition, and you could set the page size effectively to
0 to bring in just a big list of hollow objects.

Today, queries have pagination and a query cache to improve performance on very large data
sets. Is there any equivalent of a query cache when faulting a to-many relation?

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis