cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: New Cayenne website design
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2017 02:08:02 GMT
On 17/10/17 4:17AM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> Here is another version of the logo: https://invis.io/QPDY76KB9
>
> As you see there are two flavors - a small monochrome (white) logo and a bigger 3D logo.
I certainly like both better than the initial version. I wonder how well the 3D logo will
look like as a Modeler desktop icon. Zhenya, the designer, is on vacation now, so we won't
know for a few weeks.

These are a great step forward. I think the visual illusion of the frame turning into a finished
skin would be enhanced by the skin being smaller so it doesn't feel like a glove. Here's a
quick hacky demonstration that needs more tidy up.

    https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bw5wY__nj_W9NTVkQm9rTk5Fbms?usp=sharing

It might be interesting to see the top end of the fruit being even more realistic with a slight
shine, then it progresses from wireframe to flat colour to realistic. Again, I only spent
10 minutes on this, so I know it needs to be done much better, but look at logo-realistic.png
in that same share.

Ari

--