cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: New Cayenne website design
Date Mon, 09 Oct 2017 06:15:15 GMT

> On Oct 8, 2017, at 6:29 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>
> On 30/9/17 9:40PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>> Other than the logo debate, everybody seems to like the design, so I guess we proceed
with it.

> I made a bunch of more specific comments inside invision, some of which Evgeny has responded
to. I think it would be worth going a few more rounds of comments and adjustments since I
think there are still some structural issues like navigation, colour and accessibility which
are really important. But overall it is going in the right direction!

re: comment #1 - "ORM with character"

Maybe I am not looking at it from the user perspective, but I think "ORM with character" is
a good slogan. All Java ORMs out there are essentially the same. They are descendants of the
J2EE and Hibernate philosophy and are constrained by the JPA spec. Cayenne came from the different
background and has a different approach to modeling and using persistence. We are unrestricted
in our API experimentation.

So maybe "character" is too scary to the end users and we can find a better word, but I wanted
to explicitly underscore this distinctness.

Any other suggestions?

Andrus