cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <blackn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Cayenne website design
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2017 12:30:00 GMT
Overall I like the look, but ...

Home Page:

Perhaps add dropdowns on the "DOWNLOAD" and "DOCS" headers to allow you to
select versions/etc directly from there?  (Allows quicker access, even
though some of that is way down in the footer.)

I think a news/blog section more prominently at the top would be helpful.
Perhaps as part of the top carousel?  Maybe make just the place where the
video is part of the carousel?  Leave the Cayenne logo where it is and you
can carousel through the video, news, etc.

The "DOWNLOAD LATEST" button, while prominent, might be better suited as a
"GET STARTED" or "QUICK START" type of page.

Documentation Page (I think that's what the second link is):

Is the search really going to work?

Both:

Responsive design?  I made my window narrow and it didn't adapt...

Thanks,

mrg

PS. I don't dislike the logo (sorry Ari!), but if you wanted a splash of
color, maybe make the stem green like in the current logo.  Is it an SVG so
it can be resized/scaled easily?  That would be valuable in a number of
places.