cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 4.1.M1 release
Date Sat, 23 Sep 2017 15:22:19 GMT
4.1 is also affected by CAY-2366. Also found another really minor issue - https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAY-2367

Running LinkRest under Cayenne 4.1 was a fun exercise. The upgrade was mostly smooth and also
uncovered a few LinkRest issues with lax type conversions between JSON and DataObjects.

The only thing that was kind of confusing is that without XML files upgrade (something I forgot
to do initially), the stack was able to start successfully and with no warnings [1], but no
DataMaps got loaded. Perhaps we can print a warning on startup for older XML versions? Otherwise
it wasn't clear what went wrong.

Andrus

[1] INFO XMLDataChannelDescriptorLoader - Loading XML configuration resource from file:/Users/andrus/work/link-rest/link-rest/link-rest/target/test-classes/cayenne-linkrest-tests.xml