cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: New Cayenne website design
Date Sat, 30 Sep 2017 11:40:32 GMT
Other than the logo debate, everybody seems to like the design, so I guess we proceed with
it.

Regarding the logo, we may experiment with  alternatives. FWIW I like both the naturalistic
as well as flat (cartoon) peppers. And a green stem :) I'll ask the designer to propose a
few more alternatives.

> On Sep 26, 2017, at 3:30 PM, Michael Gentry <blacknext@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Is it an SVG so it can be resized/scaled easily?

We can get it in any format we want. There certainly will be a vector file.

Andrus

> On Sep 26, 2017, at 9:22 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>
> We've discussed the new website before, and Ari posted a prototype. Based on that we
did some work on a more detailed design, which I'd liek to present here:

> 1. Home page: https://invis.io/EQDMPF5YP
> 2. Internal page: https://invis.io/TSDMPF64F
>
> It modernizes the logo. It attempts to balance Apache branding guidelines with our needs
(black Apache section on top will contain all the foundation links like "Donate", etc. in
a dropdown menu). It tries to deal with multiple documentation versions, etc. Quite some effort
went into creation of the home page that is easy to navigate by either existing users who
come there for the docs and new releases or new users who need to understand what the project
is about at the first glance.