cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Website FIles
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2017 06:18:51 GMT

> On Jul 11, 2017, at 1:42 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>
> On 7/10/17 6:30 PM, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>> -bash: bundler: command not found
>>
>> Do I need a special PATH for Jekyll?
>
> Did you get it working?

Worked for me after "sudo gem install jekyll bundler". Also had to change the run command
for jekyll to this due to some dependency versions mismatch:

  bundle exec jekyll s --incremental

No idea what "bundle exec" means, but it works. Time of a second run is 19 sec.

>> Coincidentally today we had a discussion with my team about a new site engine for
bootique.io. And it was mentioned that Jekyll becomes pretty slow when building large sites.
My colleagues recommended Hugo - https://gohugo.io/ , which is a similar engine. I don't have
experience with either, but I thought I'd mention.

> I looked at a few of these a while ago and found jekyll the most popular (and therefore
supported) by a large margin.

> Speed for jekyll seems to be building about 100 pages in 3-4 seconds. But I don't have
a bigger site to compare and test with. But I'm sure it depends on what you are doing on those
pages.

As an example I was pointed to these stats (A popular Russian Java podcast site, about 140
pages) :

https://travis-ci.org/razbor-poletov/razbor-poletov.github.com/builds

Though of course this is Travis. It can be slow for any number of reasons unrelated to the
script. And 2 min is by no means *unbearably* slow.

Andrus