cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Website FIles
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2017 06:54:20 GMT
> Can we keep moving forward with the general concept?

Absolutely. I am actually meeting with the designer later today and was going to use your
prototype as the initial spec. I like the suggested structure with a bare minimum set of top-level
menus and a more detailed menu in the footer. Most people will indeed be interested in download,
docs or support.

On the home page I think we need to replace most of the text with a more visual representation
of what Cayenne is and why somebody would want to use it (Modeler, DB-first flow, transparent
transactions, ObjectContext, featured extensions such as commitlog and crypto). Also we were
thinking of creating a video tutorial for 4.0. This may also go on the home page.

Will also need to accommodate the Apache boilerplate (logos, donate button), social and GitHub
buttons.

Andrus

> On Jul 12, 2017, at 7:14 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>
> On 7/12/17 10:22 AM, Michael Gentry wrote:
>> FWIW, on my 2011 iMac (HD, not SSD):
>>
>> ~40s without --incremental
>> ~25s with --incremental
>>

> Other than these speed issues (we can certainly make it faster if we can optimise the
way the menu is constructed)... what does everyone think of the website itself?