cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Website FIles
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2017 08:30:52 GMT
This week I was going to talk to our designer about the new web site. Now trying to build Ari's
prototype using the instructions in README.txt. Got stuck on Item #5:

> 5. # bundler install

-bash: bundler: command not found

Do I need a special PATH for Jekyll?

Coincidentally today we had a discussion with my team about a new site engine for bootique.io.
And it was mentioned that Jekyll becomes pretty slow when building large sites. My colleagues
recommended Hugo - https://gohugo.io/ , which is a similar engine. I don't have experience
with either, but I thought I'd mention.

Andrus

> On May 31, 2017, at 2:15 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:

>> A prototype of Jekyll-based system would certainly be cool to try.
>
> OK, it is in pretty good shape now and worth everyone having a look at:
>
> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cayenne-website.git
>
> Clone that and follow the readme at the top. Remember that I'm not putting effort into
styling, this is about the technology and working on cleaning up the copywriting. I've also
used SCSS for all the stylesheets, which will make the job later of adding a theme much easier.

> If everyone is happy with what I've done, I'll keep going. There is a bit more tidying
to be done and thinking about the navigation elements.