cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject DataRowStore properties
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2017 01:18:43 GMT
I'm a little confused about the way properties are used and set in the DataRowStore.

    public DataRowStore(String name, RuntimeProperties properties, EventManager eventManager)

properties can be null here, but

    protected void initWithProperties(RuntimeProperties properties)

will throw NPE

Also, initWithProperties(properties) seems to just ignore all the properties we pass except
for SNAPSHOT_CACHE_SIZE_PROPERTY. Should SNAPSHOT_EXPIRATION_DEFAULT also be deprecated in
this class?

Finally, in the DataDomain class we also have properties, but instead of being RuntimeProperties
they are just Map<String, String>. Since it appears that RuntimeProperties are really
just an enhanced map with getters that support default values, should RuntimeProperties be
used consistently? To me this whole class seems like overkill, but maybe it is useful.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis