cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <blackn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Website FIles
Date Sun, 21 May 2017 13:06:06 GMT
On Sun, May 21, 2017 at 8:39 AM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org>
wrote:

> I am asking, as ObjectStyle was going to donate the time of our designer
> in the nearest future to modernize Cayenne site. So I wanted to understand
> what are the minimal branding requirements.

If we are going to modernize the site, are we going to stick with Apache
CMS (is that a requirement?) or perhaps go with a more popular and actively
developed static site generator, such as Jekyll [1]?  Two things I noticed
when running ASF CMS locally compared to Jekyll:

1. I kept having to edit the produced HTML to localize the file: CSS
references since /style.css won't work correctly.  Jekyll handles this
correct.  Of course, maybe ASF CMS can support this and I don't know how to
change it.
2. Jekyll has a server option that will monitor changes as you are editing
and smartly regenerate your site, which is faster.

[1] https://jekyllrb.com/ -- Also the static site generator used by GitHub
Pages.