cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Gentry <blackn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is java 7 still there?
Date Thu, 04 May 2017 11:53:47 GMT
Your statement matches what my project encountered.  Upgrading to Java 8
would've been trivial *except* we use JiBX for Java <-> XML and it includes
a version of Apache BCEL which wouldn't work with Java 8.  To circumvent
the issue, we used a POM override to specify a snapshot release of BCEL
(although a non-snapshot is thankfully now available) which worked with
Java 8.  AFAIK, JiBX still includes the "bad" BCEL.

So yes, byte code manipulation bit us.  If I remember correctly, the
in-depth reason had something to do with default methods being added to
Java interfaces.  Drove the BC nutty (technical term).

mrg