cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Website FIles
Date Sun, 21 May 2017 12:59:09 GMT

> On May 21, 2017, at 3:48 PM, Michael Gentry <blacknext@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> That's the main change.  I also added a link to the Staging CMS site since
> I had to dig that up (didn't know it offhand).

Exposing staging links publicly and adding more weight to them by creating links from the
main site will be bad for SEO (a link to a second copy of the site will confuse Google as
to which is the primary page). Wish we had the ability to set <link rel="canonical"../>
for each page to help Google. So maybe remove the <a> tag from that link, and simply
keep the text?

> Yes, the Board was requesting it.  Are you still getting the board@ e-mails?

I do. I just don't have time to read all of them. :)

> If so, look for the "[PMCs] Seeking your help for ASF's 18th
> Anniversary" thread from Sally.

Got it. Perhaps in the new design we'll find a better place for it. I guess for now it is
fine where it is.

> (And yes, it was back in March, but I'm
> lagged -- allergy season and work haven't been my friend.)

Sorry to hear about the allergies.

Andrus