cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: ColumnSelect API + Persistent objects
Date Mon, 13 Mar 2017 10:53:53 GMT

> On Mar 13, 2017, at 1:46 PM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>

> Just a wild thought, but would this syntax be helpful...
>
> List<Object[]> result = ObjectSelect.query(Artist.class)
>     .addColumns(Artist.PAINTING_COUNT)
>     .select(context);
>
> So then we are adding more columns to the existing DataObject query rather than having
to define the DataObjects as properties in themselves. The syntax above might be simpler to
understand and write.

So "addColumns" vs "columns"? IIRC we tried something similar with orderings (override all
orderings vs add to the existing orderings), and that confused everybody (including me as
the author), so that was undone between the milestones.

Andrus