cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Switching Cayenne to SLF4J
Date Mon, 27 Mar 2017 22:20:55 GMT
Having only ever used log4j since forever, can you point us to some articles or explain how
a user would handle:

* using log4j or other library
* having other libraries in the classpath with different versions of slf4j

Ari

On 28/3/17 5:47am, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> We discussed this as far back as 2013:
>
> https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/5ccad102f7d9dc575bb5bd352462443bc9d8c2763aa15fbf4a0f757f@1366718807@%3Cdev.cayenne.apache.org%3E
>
> Now may be a good time to bring it up again. I suggest that in 4.0 we replace our commons-logging
dependency with slf4j-api dependency. This should not make anything worse, but will make things
slightly better from the integration perspective. SLF4J is probably the most commonly used
"least common denominator" logging API these days, so Cayenne will be easier to setup in the
majority of cases.

--
Aristedes Maniatis