cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Switching Cayenne to SLF4J
Date Wed, 29 Mar 2017 10:03:20 GMT
I notice it also supports lazy evaluation of the logging data. That is, you can write:

logger.debug("Some data: {}", anObject)

Without worrying about the time to convert anObject to a string. That will remove a lot of
code like:

if (logger.isDebugEnabled()) {

}

That alone seems worth it.

Ari

On 29/3/17 4:52pm, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> Also AFAIK commons-logging does not support MDC [1]. The use of MDC may improve Cayenne
transaction tracking in the logs.

--
Aristedes Maniatis