cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Java 8 Optionals
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2017 16:53:20 GMT
I thought of this too. Though I have mixed feelings about using Optional casually. It is good
in processing pipelines. But when used as property return type in Java Beans to indicate nullable
values, it just feels like syntax for the sake of syntax (I tried a few times, reverted back
to normal properties every time).

So how about we try it on a small scale? Add an ExtendedType for it in cayenne-java8, tell
the community, and then sit back and wait if anyone actually wants it :)

Andrus