cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: M5
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2017 05:42:44 GMT
> One that we should look at is testing against Java 9 I believe. It doesn't have to use
any Java 9 features, just not break since Java 9 is due out in July.

> I tried turning that on in Jenkins a few months ago but it threw too many errors. Maybe
we can try again.

+1. Maybe something we start paying attention to once M5 is out of the door.

Andrus

> On Feb 15, 2017, at 4:47 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>
> On 15/2/17 1:17am, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
>> In the two short months since M4 we already have a number of shiny new things in
Cayenne:

>> * New ObjectSelect API (selecting individual columns, functions, GROUP BY/HAVING),
which is easily one of the major features of 4.0 as a whole.
>> * JCache integration.
>> * Auto-loading DI modules.
>>
>> Plus as many of the breaking changes as possible got pushed, such as Maven plugin
renaming. Would be nice to get some feedback from early adopters on those until the Beta API
freeze. So I suggest we start the M5 vote shortly. Nikita still wanted to clean up a few things
in the new code. Once he's ready, hopefully in about a week, we can do the assembly and start
the vote.

>> And of course it would be great if we could maintain a similar pace going forward,
which will depend both on development progress and PMC members availability to review the
releases. Will see...