cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: M5
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2017 01:47:45 GMT
On 15/2/17 1:17am, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> In the two short months since M4 we already have a number of shiny new things in Cayenne:
>
> * New ObjectSelect API (selecting individual columns, functions, GROUP BY/HAVING), which
is easily one of the major features of 4.0 as a whole.
> * JCache integration.
> * Auto-loading DI modules.
>
> Plus as many of the breaking changes as possible got pushed, such as Maven plugin renaming.
Would be nice to get some feedback from early adopters on those until the Beta API freeze.
So I suggest we start the M5 vote shortly. Nikita still wanted to clean up a few things in
the new code. Once he's ready, hopefully in about a week, we can do the assembly and start
the vote.

> And of course it would be great if we could maintain a similar pace going forward, which
will depend both on development progress and PMC members availability to review the releases.
Will see...

Perhaps we should perform a tidy up of Jira and start marking tasks as targeted for 4.0. One
that we should look at is testing against Java 9 I believe. It doesn't have to use any Java
9 features, just not break since Java 9 is due out in July.

I tried turning that on in Jenkins a few months ago but it threw too many errors. Maybe we
can try again.

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis