cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: New aggregating queries - API question
Date Fri, 13 Jan 2017 18:42:22 GMT
Thanks for clarification and the fix.

Just found another issue - when "Quote SQL Identifiers" is on, the generated SQL is incorrect.
I guess the function should not be placed in quotations. E.g. here is a MySQL example:

  Property<Long> count = Property.create(FunctionExpressionFactory.countExp(), Long.TYPE);
  ObjectSelect.query(MyType.class).column(count).selectOne(context);

  bootique-http-38 o.a.c.l.CommonsJdbcEventLogger: SELECT `COUNT(*)` FROM `my_table` `t0`

  bootique-http-38 o.a.c.l.CommonsJdbcEventLogger: *** error.
  com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.MySQLSyntaxErrorException: Unknown column 'COUNT(*)' in
'field list'

Andrus

> On Jan 13, 2017, at 12:25 PM, Nikita Timofeev <ntimofeev@objectstyle.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Andrus,
>
> It should be public. Lost it after splitting away ColumnSelect. Thank
> you for catch!
>
> On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 7:57 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org> wrote:
>> @Nikita:
>>
>> ObjectSelect.column(..) is protected, so I can't use it for a single-column query.
Is this intentional?