cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Automatically aligning ObjectContexts when establishing a relationship
Date Mon, 19 Dec 2016 11:55:40 GMT
On 19/12/16 10:00pm, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> a.setB(b); 		// equivalent to a.setB(c1.localObject(b))
> 			// i.e. we are attaching a different copy of B now.
>
> b.setProp("newValue"); 	// we may not realize that we are changing the wrong copy...

> c1.commitChanges(); 	// "b" changes are not committed. oops...

And this gets even messier if the related object is new and not yet persisted at all. And
if there are constraints.

I'm trying to imagine what sort of app hits these types of issues. Is this typically where
there is one big read-only context and then a user might modify some of those records, so
they are copied into a local read-write context for that user?

Ari

--
Aristedes Maniatis