cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject JavaFX and Boutique
Date Sat, 10 Dec 2016 17:55:13 GMT
I just committed my first experiment with JavaFX and Bootique [1]. It enables injection into
JavaFX controllers [2] and gives access to DI from the Application class. The implementation
is a bit invasive (requires framework superclass of Application), as we can't easily take
over the startup sequence, but otherwise works fine. At least in my simple example :)

My total exposure to JavaFX is a total of 2 hours, so I am pretty sure I overlooked other
useful things we can do between Bootique and JavaFX. But that's a start. This code will likely
become the future bootique-javafx module.

Mike, were we able to get a new Git repo for the JavaFX modeler?

Andrus

[1] https://github.com/andrus/jfxsandbox
[2] https://github.com/andrus/jfxsandbox/blob/master/src/main/java/com/foo/RootController.java