cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject JavaFX modeler
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2016 10:32:19 GMT
Hi Mike and everybody,

I suggest that we bring JavaFX Modeler at https://github.com/mrg/CMP into Cayenne Git. It
has a chance to get better momentum here. I've been traveling a lot recently with Cayenne
trainings and presentations, and I've met people on a few occasions who offered their help
with the tool. There's no guarantee that any of this materializes yet, but I think keeping
the new Modeler under the Apache Cayenne umbrella should help. Also consider all the legal
issues we'll face when bringing a GitHub project with multiple contributors to Cayenne at
a later date.

So I suggest that we request a new Git repo from infra (cayenne-modeler2.git or something),
move Mike's code in there, and then promote this new project on the website, the mailing lists,
etc. It will be developed in parallel with the main repo until we are ready to make a release.

From myself I promise a Bootique launcher contribution.

Thoughts?
Andrus