cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: reverse engineering refactoring
Date Wed, 05 Oct 2016 11:56:17 GMT

> On Oct 5, 2016, at 2:33 PM, Michael Gentry <mgentry@masslight.net> wrote:
>
> On Mon, Oct 3, 2016 at 2:57 PM, Andrus Adamchik <andrus@objectstyle.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Also we'll need to spend some time on the new rev-eng tab in the modeler.
>> It kinda works, but there are UI quirks, and simply lots of unused
>> potential in how we can present the new backend capabilities via the UI.
>>

> I'm still making slow, but steady, progress on the CM rewrite/prototype I
> started.  Would we want to try to do this in that or continue with the
> current CM and try to reuse what we can in the future?
>
> mrg

Yeah, I wish we'd stop spending time on the Swing version. But we have no choice but to keep
it going until the new JavaFX version is ready for an average user and supports all main functionality.

Not sure if we can design the new system so that it can reuse more stuff with the old one.
I'd imagine we do reuse a bunch of stuff already (org.apache.cayenne.map, cayenne-project,
cayenne-dbsync). Wonder if we can increase this reuse somehow, e.g. via a shared Bootique
service stack (??)

Andrus