cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject More frequent releases
Date Wed, 14 Sep 2016 13:27:27 GMT

> On Sep 14, 2016, at 7:32 AM, Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org> wrote:
>

> it does highlight that we should release milestones more often. Perhaps we should discuss
moving to a more lightweight milestone release process that doesn't include quite as many
checks as a full release. Then we could do it every 2-3 months.

Huge +1. I am living in a world of Cayenne snapshots [1] and internal builds [2] (almost continuos
deployment.. very modern thing to do :)). But I'd very much love to go back to official milestones.
How about we prepare M4 this week? Will there be volunteers to take a release manager role?
If not, I will do it.

Andrus

[1] http://maven.objectstyle.org/nexus/content/repositories/cayenne-unofficial-snapshots/org/apache/cayenne/cayenne-server/4.0.M4-SNAPSHOT/
[2] http://maven.objectstyle.org/nexus/content/repositories/cayenne-unofficial/org/apache/cayenne/cayenne-server/