cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Musall Maik <m...@selbstdenker.ag>
Subject EOModel importer testing
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 18:53:14 GMT
Hi all,

I've got a rather large project to migrate from EOF to Cayenne, and in order to eliminate
the manual cleanup steps I'd have to do after each conversion attempt until I'm ready for
the final run, I thought I could have a look and try to improve the EOModel importer instead
of wasting time fiddling with my one project.

To that end, what is the usual procedure to test changes made against the modeler? Can I run
it from within Eclipse? Or do I need to mvn install every time I changed something? (Note
that I'm new to both Cayenne and Maven.)

How am I supposed to contribute the changes? Pull request against the github mirror? The website
[1] suggest submitting a patch, but that feels so old-school, and the website still explains
how to create a patch with subversion, so I guess that's no longer up to date anyway?

Thanks
Maik

[1] https://cayenne.apache.org/submit-patch.html