cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Musall Maik <m...@selbstdenker.ag>
Subject Re: EOModel importer testing
Date Thu, 04 Aug 2016 08:38:54 GMT

> Am 04.08.2016 um 01:26 schrieb Aristedes Maniatis <ari@maniatis.org>:
>
> On 4/08/2016 5:27am, Musall Maik wrote:
>> There's still a bunch of details to fix, like TEXT columns (postgresql clobs) ending
up as varchar with no length, the parser not being able to cope with unicode umlauts in documentation
(similar to CAY-1291 which is also still unsolved), and more.

> Perhaps I'm telling you the obvious, but don't overlook the ability to write xslt or
just regex against the XML model file in order to tidy up some things.

Of course. But you know, we just had the "From EOF to Cayenne" topic at the WOWODC conference
in June, and I guess (hope) a few more people might try to move to Cayenne in the near future.
So, the benefit of any work put into the model importer instead of run-once-on-my-project
tools is multiplied by the number of users that are using the importer.

Maik