cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Hugi Thordarson <h...@karlmenn.is>
Subject Re: Ordering.orderedList
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 15:37:06 GMT
orderedList() (new in 4.0.M4) creates a new ArrayList containing the elements of the passed
list, orders it and returns it (instead of ordering the passed List in place like orderList()).
The new List is created by invoking an ArrayList constructor that accepts a Collection as
an argument, so I think it seems OK for the Ordering API to accept a Collection rather than
a List.

orderList() would still only accept Lists (as you point out, that only makes sense).

Just so happened I had to turn a Set into a sorted List yesterday, hence the suggestion :).

Cheers,
- hugi