cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Musall Maik <m...@selbstdenker.ag>
Subject Re: EOModel importer testing
Date Wed, 03 Aug 2016 19:27:38 GMT
Hi John,

I tried the reverse-engineering first, but as the database is case insensitive regarding names,
almost all entities and attributes came out without the camel casing that I use in the project.
Correcting that by hand for 169 entities with a huge number of attributes isn't an option,
so I tried the EOModel import. I only use two enum prototypes, both of which aren't Wonder
prototypes, so that left far less stuff to clean up.

There's still a bunch of details to fix, like TEXT columns (postgresql clobs) ending up as
varchar with no length, the parser not being able to cope with unicode umlauts in documentation
(similar to CAY-1291 which is also still unsolved), and more.

Maik