cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: EOModel importer testing
Date Fri, 05 Aug 2016 18:35:26 GMT
While I don't have any EOModels to test this, the code looks great to me. In fact I just applied
to PR.

Andrus

> On Aug 5, 2016, at 5:19 PM, Musall Maik <maik@selbstdenker.ag> wrote:
>
> All right,
>
> I think I improved a few minor things, and create a first pull request. I'd like feedback
on whether or not this is going in the right direction.

> https://github.com/apache/cayenne/pull/103
>
> Thanks
> Maik
>
>> Am 04.08.2016 um 18:07 schrieb Mike Kienenberger <mkienenb@gmail.com>:
>>
>> Yes, please continue to improve it.  I first used it back in 2003, and
>> it's still being used 13 years later.

clobs) ending up as varchar with no length, the parser not being able to cope with unicode
umlauts in documentation (similar to CAY-1291 which is also still unsolved), and more.

xslt or just regex against the XML model file in order to tidy up some things.

>>> Of course. But you know, we just had the "From EOF to Cayenne" topic at the WOWODC
conference in June, and I guess (hope) a few more people might try to move to Cayenne in the
near future. So, the benefit of any work put into the model importer instead of run-once-on-my-project
tools is multiplied by the number of users that are using the importer.