cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne ROP Improvements
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2016 01:01:48 GMT
On 30/06/2016 8:36pm, Aristedes Maniatis wrote:
> I'll report more after a few weeks once we have real customers using this in production.

We now have this version of Cayenne (pretty close to what is now trunk) in production at around
20 sites with more to come over the next weeks.

Not a single reported problem and significant performance improvements across the board. Any
site with more than 40ms latency to the data centre (that is, between the Cayenne ROP client
and server) is seeing noticeable improvements.

Savva, very nice work indeed.

Andrus, if you have json workflows protostuff also supports json encoding. [1]  Of course
that means a whole bunch of json encoded Cayenne objects like ObjectContext and I have no
idea what you'd do with them in javascript, but if someone wanted to code a js version of
Cayenne client, I guess they could.

That would be an interesting idea to layer on top of backbonejs or similar.

Ari

[1] https://github.com/protostuff/protostuff/tree/master/protostuff-json/src/main/java/io/protostuff

--
Aristedes Maniatis