cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Aristedes Maniatis <...@maniatis.org>
Subject Re: Travis errors, Was: 4.0 jenkins build failures
Date Tue, 24 May 2016 11:11:26 GMT
For the purposes of running tests I think it really doesn't matter much and if Savva already
has log4j working, then let's just do that. The only goal here is to fix Travis and that's
only so we can get access to some additional databases they make available: https://docs.travis-ci.com/user/database-setup/

Ari

On 24/05/2016 8:52pm, Andrus Adamchik wrote:
> Yeah, whichever way we bridge commons-logging, we need to do it. There are two things
to consider:

> 1. logging API used in the code (Cayenne core uses common-logging).
> 2. logging implementation that bridges #1 and writes the logs out. Choices are: Logback,
Log4J, slf4j-simple. The first two are configurable via properties.

> I have no preference as to #2. There may be some slight benefit in switching #1 to SLF,
but this is a different discussion.

--
Aristedes Maniatis