cayenne-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <and...@objectstyle.org>
Subject Re: Cayenne ROP Improvements
Date Thu, 05 May 2016 13:12:41 GMT

> On May 5, 2016, at 5:35 AM, Savva Kolbachev <s.kolbachev@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also we moved from Hessian as a default implementation for connectivity
> layer to the standard Java implementation. Although, Hessian is still used
> for serialization by default.

So which one is the default, Hessian or Java?

> Also I want to suggest to use Protostuff serialization instead of Hessian
> by default. What do you think about it?

I don't have a problem with Protostuff being a recommended default, but for dependency management
purposes I'd rather we split all third-party integrations in separate modules, and use whatever
provider is hooked up in runtime. Kind of what we do with Joda/Java8 extensions.

Going forward we may simplify dependency integration to be "drag and drop" by using Java ServiceLoader
API. But even without it, it is very simple to switch between "providers" of various things.

Andrus